I had an Acumen gear indicator on my FZ6 and I must say I enjoyed having it. Is a gear indicator something you need? No, but it definitely falls under the 'nice to have' category.
I settled on the Healtech GiPro for several reasons:
1. Smallest gear indicator on the market
2. Plug and play application. After having to manually wire my Acumen on my FZ6 directly into the ECU harness/wiring, I was looking forward to a product with easy installation.
Installation was straight forward and simple. Remove the right side faring and locate the red capped Data Link Connector (DLC) plug. Remove the red protective cap.
Route the GiPro display to where you want to mount it. There is lots of extra cable with the GiPro so cable length won't be an issue. Clean mounting surface with rubbing alcohol and allow to try. Remove adhesive backing and stick GiPro unit where you want it mounted.
Plug in the GiPro connector into the red DLC plug, bundle up all the extra cable and secure it using cable ties.
Programming was very simple and straight forward and can all be done with the bike on the center stand. Took less than 5 minutes! Just follow the included instructions to program the unit.
- The GiPro comes with about 4 feet of cable (more than enough for routing)
- The cable on the back of the GiPro CANNOT be removed from the unit and it comse out of the bottom of the unit (not the back)
- The GiPro mounts using supplied dual sided adhesive
- The unit is water and weather resistant